Many of our carpet cleaning customers ask, “How often should I have my carpet cleaned?”
It is tempting to put off cleaning your carpets for as long as possible, but there are a number of reasons you should clean your carpets at the recommended frequency, including:
- First, regular cleaning will greatly extend the life of your carpet, ultimately saving you money in the long-term.
- Second, most carpet warranties require professional cleaning by trained, qualified carpet care Failing to do so may void your warranty.
- Finally, clean carpets are critical to a health home. Your carpets are the largest air filter in your home, trapping dust, pet dander, dirt, and other allergens. Regular carpet cleaning improves air quality and provides a healthier environment for your family.
How Often Should I Get My Carpets Professionally Cleaned?
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) provides a reference guide for carpet cleaning professionals that includes a residential cleaning frequency chart. The IICRC, the carpet cleaning industry’s leading governing body, recommends the following professional cleaning frequencies:
- Normal conditions (families with children) – every 6 to 12 months for heavily used traffic areas and annually for other carpeted areas in the home.
- Heavy Soil (families with pets, smoking) – every 3 to 6 months for traffic areas and semi-annually for all areas
- Extreme Conditions (large families, multiple pets) – traffic areas every 2 to 3 months and quarterly for all areas.
- Light Soil – Traffic areas every 12-18 months.
Brothers cleaning is Euugene & Springfield’s most trusted name in residential carpet cleaning since 1973.